.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, October 06, 2006

Two stories on Evangelicals drifting away

WaPo has an article on evangelical voters abandoning the Republican party. (We'll have to wait and see if this is a real trend after the "scare" push by the Republicans in the last few weeks.)

But, I liked the NYTimes article much more, Evangelicals Fear the Loss of Their Teenagers.

Dear Highschoolers of America, I know that dorky, religious kid is a bit of a downer, but go ahead and invite him to the kegger.

You're doing it for America.

(I don't know what's gotten into me this morning, sorry.)

4 Comments:

  • That is dangerous. They usually end up puking their guts out by 9pm and then find their way home where their parents demand to know where they have been.

    Then the cops show up.

    (At least that is what used to happen when I was in High School. Kids today probably have better ways to hide their parties.)

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 9:44 AM  

  • No, not really.

    I remember that kid puking, too. But between it all he would unintelligibly cry, "best party ever!"

    I loved every instance of that kid. He enjoyed those parties on a level I never could.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:52 AM  

  • This was by far my favorite part:

    Trash cans filled with folded pieces of paper on which the teenagers had scribbled things like Ryan Seacrest, Louis Vuitton, “Gilmore Girls,” “Days of Our Lives,” Iron Maiden, Harry Potter, “need for a boyfriend” and “my perfect teeth obsession.” One had written in tiny letters: “fornication.”

    Some teenagers threw away cigarette lighters, brand-name sweatshirts, Mardi Gras beads and CD’s — one titled “I’m a Hustla.”

    By Blogger mephi, at 10:28 AM  

  • That is pretty funny.

    And, I think that's your first comment here, so welcome.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home