.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, October 06, 2006

Drudge is a lying sack of crap

Not a surprise really, but just a little update on how Drudge has been pushing "the message" (lies) exactly when the party wanted him to.

The headline yesterday, the "exclusive", that somehow Foley had been the lured into the IM's as some part of a page "prank," dissapeared. ABC responded to him in their latest piece, and without so much as a mention, the 32 pt. headline screaming headline just disappeared.

The earlier claims that the page was 21, and at another point 18, both also disappeared, without comment. But the thing to make note of is that all of these claims made it on talk radio. And, look, it's even getting a reprint in the Wash Times cloaked under "Drudge says." But notice the chicanery, the focus in "on a 21 year old." Yeah, he's 21 now. That's how time works, you idiots.

I know this should not be something I spend my time on, but it is kind of important as this is a clear display how the right wing runs their lie factory. Unattributed on Drudge for one cycle, repeated on Limbaugh and elsewhere, Drudge pulls it down, but the message (the lie) is out there.

Where "in the media" do you think Denny Hastert is referencing when he says that the whole thing is being orchestrated by Soros, Clinton, and liberal operatives? Hastert made that unfounded claim on the radio, and Drudge picked it up for six hours. So, yesterday, when Denny talks about it being out there, "it's what I hear", "it's in the media," he was indirectly referencing the talk radio rumor he helped fuel days ago.

But to the base, if they hear it on Limbaugh, it must be true. So, Drudge throws an unattributed rumor up in a screaming headline, Limbaugh listeners are lied to, and they accept it as truth because it matches what they want to be believe.

Forget the fact that all evidence is that a 52 year old Congressman was masturbating with underaged boys, and even trying to solicit sex and set up meetings with them. Drudge says.... Limbaugh says....

I'm just a victim of the left wing media. I guess that's what happens when you actually read.

(By the way, I draw a strong line between "talk radio" and Drudge, simply because no news organization researches Limbaugh's ridiculous claims. The news media actually attempts to track down Drudge's stories.)

(Sorry for the off topic outburst. Back to normal programming.)

2 Comments:

  • Love your headline. I am one who already knew that. I don't even read Drudge anymore. I used to just to keep up with what he was saying, but it's a waste of time.

    Michael Medved spent his whole show yesterday SHOUTING this story and damming the Dem's for planting the whole prank. As I listened I wondered how he explains all the other people and incidents that are being reported.

    Why should they tell the truth? People suck up and believe their lies. Hopefully that is over with, I think the people have learned by now.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:44 PM  

  • Actually, I do stll read Drudge, because other people do. I know that sounds crazy, but as long as the MSM pays attention to him, I kinda feel like I have to.

    The problem is on the Lewinski thing he was right and he was first, and he has parlayed that into a position at the table. Now, People who want stories out there in the party go to him.

    He will continue to exist so long as he successfully plays the balancing act between propaganda arm and tabloid.

    I think of him like Bob Novak. I don't believe a thing he says, but he does act as an outlet for some pretty powerful people. I hate it, but it's true.

    (Bob Novak is a sack of crap, too.)

    And, this will not sink Drudge. The only thing that would sink drudge is some sort of proof that this story, or some other was planted through him as part of a campaign.

    Although, I do think the big media folks now know the game.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home