.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Iran fuel cycle not complete?

Was Iran's much ballyhooed uranium enrichment a bit of a sham using old Chinese uranium hexaflouride gas rather than a completely Iranian enrichment chain? The BBC gives it a maybe.

Of course, this could just be a propaganda story from somewhere, but the implications are interesting.

(Also, I'm guessing that threatening Iran wasn't testing well for the President. Or maybe it's that the Russians and Chinese have us beat on the diplomacy and the true diplomatic implications of the Iraq failure were about to reveal the resulting impotence of the administration's foreign policy. Whatever, it's just amazing to me how quickly that went away.)

2 Comments:

  • I’m starting to suspect that now Bush has lost authority internationally we will see more test balloons. It is a bit of a switch from “I can and I will”, to let’s see who salutes it. With Australia, and now Canada, as his only staunch allies, Bush isn’t quite as free to play it his own way.
    (Referring to Bush in the collective, of course.)

    By Blogger Cartledge, at 2:19 PM  

  • I think you're right. I think the Bush administration has no international negotiating power left.

    By the way, did the "John Howard is an ugly man but I trust him" line from Bush get much coverage there? (paraphrase) Just wondering.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home