.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dems win on contacts and turnout
















This guy kicked Karl Rove's ass.

CNN: "It also was a big turnout success for Democrats. They drew more voters than Republicans for the first time in a midterm election since 1990."

Hotline: "An analysis of internal RNC and DSCC/DCCC data suggests that during the final week, the Democrats made, on average, knocked on about twice as many doors as Republicans did nationally. The two parties made roughly the same number of telephone calls."

How's that taste, Karl?

6 Comments:

  • There you go. That right there.

    Send Turd Blossom home.

    By Blogger Bravo 2-1, at 12:58 PM  

  • Did you hear Bush slam Rove in the press conference? Something about not working hard enough? (transcript's not up yet.)

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:43 PM  

  • I'm happy that Ohio could help out just a bit yesterday.

    By Blogger liberal_dem, at 3:27 PM  

  • Yes, Ohio, in the afterglow of this tremendous success, you have been vindicated.

    I only wish my home state of Texas could have done the same.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:28 PM  

  • Yeah...and I'm still stuck with the Austrian schnitzel eater. Hey...but the rest of it made him seem as nothing. I think congratulations is in order for the Dems most definitely. I told the Freeway blogger and PT Cruiser that they helped alot. And...Mike I think you did too because of all your pictures and up to date information on the war. I think bloggers have their place in the victory certainly.

    By Blogger sumo, at 4:49 PM  

  • Thanks, but I would class my contribution as minimal, at best. Pretty much anyone here is already a convert.

    Somebody like Freeway blogger did reach a ton of people all across the spectrum. It's guerilla marketing, but effective.


    I would throw the big blogs into the success pie, though, if for nothing else, their fundraising. I'm just amazed that these guys can throw up a request and raise 10K-30K for a candidate in a day. Think about how good that would feel to a small campaign fighting hard. Suddenly, you get this huge push of national support, you know you're not alone, etc. (and the money ain't bad either.) It's pretty amazing, really.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home