.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Huzzah

CNN calls the House for the Dems.

The Senate pretty much rests on Webb, and the Dems are running out of precincts.

Holy Crap! Webb edges out in front with 99% reporting!!! (Webb + about 2,500 votes. Wait and see.)

UPDATE: There are still 33,000 uncounted votes in Fairfax county.

By the way, CNN is misrepresenting on the Webb/Allen gender mix.

Men did vote 55/44 for Allen, but white men were 62/37 while non-white men were 25/73. So, that political analyst who kept saying men love Allen because he played football can shove it up his ass.

White men in Virginia liked Allen because alot of them have used those words, too.

(The House is officially over. FoxNews called it.)

And, (Hotline) "From WH spokesperson Emily Lawrimore: "Karl has informed the president that they've lost the majority in the House. He's obviously disappointed, but he's eager to work with Congress on his priorities and issues important to Americans.""

"NBC's Gregory: "The president I'm told is likely to retire some time soon tonight" (MSNBC)."

10 Comments:

  • I'm here in VA...Come on Webb!!!!!!!

    By Blogger zen, at 10:23 PM  

  • I'm pulling, but it's not looking good. They said there's an automatic recount if it's within 1/2% and that looks incredibly likely. So....

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:28 PM  

  • The tally jumped 9,000 for Webb between 98% and 99%. There's still a chance this could go above 10,000 for Webb...

    Or I suppose it could go back up for Webb.

    Yikes - late night for me, reading time for my classes tomorrow!

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 11:23 PM  

  • oops, I meant it could go back to Allen.

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 11:24 PM  

  • "The president I'm told is likely to retire some time soon tonight" (MSNBC)."

    I'd love to see Bush retire early this evening... or retire anytime within the next 24 months.

    By Blogger -epm, at 11:27 PM  

  • REality, it's not going to be over for a long time. After Webb, you've got McCaskill and Tester. I don't know what to tell you.

    EPM, I included that because I could just hear him petulantly saying "I give up. I'm going to bed.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:30 PM  

  • If the VA race got to recount (which it seems it will) I wonder if the litigation regarding Repub robo-calling and deceptive, voter suppression calling will play a role... I'm not sure exactly how, but it's a cloud on the process, that's all.

    By Blogger -epm, at 11:36 PM  

  • That's an interesting question.

    I would guess not because those aren't votes cast so it would be impossible to add it in.

    I do think the closeness of this will spur a much harder investigation. (And we're talking jailtime on this.)

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:39 PM  

  • Webb/Allen are very close. I had no idea there were as many votes in those northern precincts as it turned out.

    Lots of wrangling is left in the commonwealth of Virginia now.

    By Blogger Bravo 2-1, at 11:44 PM  

  • Yeah, Allen just made the recount announcement.

    So, at least through tomorrow.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home