.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Good Morning!!!!

So, I wake up turn on CNN, and go into the other room to look at internet news. In the background, I'm hearing some Republican repeat the talking points, that this doesn't mean anything, that the Republicans are still the stronger party etc. He's delivering them somewhat convincingly.

So, I get up, go back in to take a look at the screen, and it's Tom Delay, and he looks like he just drove over his own puppy.

I just woke up. Is that what I'm in for today? Republicans desperately spinning through the tears?

I hadn't thought about this, but this might be a very fun day.

(Did we make Mehlman cry?)

(Later: Bush expected to make a statement at 1PM eastern. Pelosi and Hoyer and Reid and Durbin invited to lunches at the White House.)

4 Comments:

  • Mornin' Sunshine...

    I woke to hear Jim Webb on the offense... Not dissimilar to the W '00... The votes are in. They've been counted. We won. Allen's a sore loser.

    While I expect a recount will be likely, I hope Webb takes owners of the situation (and his victory) and, as they say, starts measuring the drapes. As we've seen from the other side, it's all about perceptions and owning the debate.

    By Blogger -epm, at 8:24 AM  

  • Yeah. At the same time, I think his mild mannered delivery with that weird sheepish smile keeps it from seeming gloating which is important.

    Oh yeah. I can't imagine there's not a recount, and it's going to take forever, but it's going to take some serious "hanging chads" in this electronic age to pull back 7,800 votes.

    I'm still trying to figure out exactly what's going on in Montana.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:28 AM  

  • Tester is the guy I'm really pulling for. Maybe I'm just falling for the image, but Tester seems like a guy with his feet firmly planted on the ground and a real sense of serving the people.

    It is the West where I see the possibility for a re-birth of common sense, progressive populism. I'd really like to see Tester in Washington. I think he'd be a real breath of fresh air.

    We've got the House, and the new session doesn't start till January... I can wait for a recount if I have to.
    You're right; Webb shouldn't come off as cocky. But I still think he needs to exude the air of the victor and make Allen look like a spoiled sore loser at every opportunity... after all it's not exactly a stretch given what we know about Allen's so-called character.

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:03 AM  

  • I think re really is a very straight forward guy.

    There's a Tester partical recount going on RIGHT NOW.

    And, I think Webb executed that balance very well last night, but we'll have to see how he holds up. He's not been the most even campaigner.

    And, I wish it were decided today, simply for the political momentum. In real terms, it will make little difference because it will be settled before the new Senate comes in, but for the storyline/narrative, and it's impact, a clean win would be much stronger.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home