.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, June 26, 2006

Texas redistricting ruling expected this week.

For me, maybe it means I get rid of my current congressman, racist John Culberson.

For you, it could represent a shift of six congressional seats from Republican to Democrat. Or, perhaps of more concern, the legitimization of mid-decade redistricting every time a state changes parties.

Anyway, a Supreme Court ruling is expected this week.

(I wouldn't be surprised if they split the baby saying some of the current districts are illegal but not fixing them until 2008. In the arguments phase, most of the questions revolved around the Voting Rights Act.

Remember that just last week a group of southern Republican Congressmen stalled a renewal of the Voting Rights Act ostensibly over Spanish language protections.)

2 Comments:

  • All over for the Aussies, Mike. I'm proud of the guys, they did a great job.
    At the end of the day I know which squad comes out looking better, win or lose.

    By Blogger Cartledge, at 7:03 PM  

  • Yeah, they did a phenomenal job. They got out of their group which is a huge achievement. I was pulling for them today.

    I just wish my team had fought that hard....

    If your not one of the top teams, you don't expect to win, you just want your boys to fight hard and make you proud.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home