.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, June 25, 2006

An empty house

I had to euthanize my 17 year old dog today. She's had a number of attacks over the last six months so it's been coming. I'd been prepping for this over the last month, and when the time came, it was pretty clear that it was the right decision. But still....

I already miss the little skittering sounds of her claws on the floor and the way, in her later years, she slowly walked up and just kind of leaned softly into me. My feelings for that dog were very deep.

I'm not posting this looking for sympathy or support, at this point, I just can't deal with it. But I wanted to reiterate the message: Take a few minutes to play with your dog, to make your kids laugh, to do something nice for somebody you love.

It's the little things.....