.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, May 12, 2006

More NSA to come?

Russell Tice, the source for the NYTimes on the original warrantless wiretapping story, is going to testify next week, and he claims that,
"Thursday he plans to tell Senate staffers next week that unlawful activity occurred at the agency under the supervision of Gen. Michael Hayden beyond what has been publicly reported, while hinting that it might have involved the illegal use of space-based satellites and systems to spy on U.S. citizens." (Sorry, the original is behind subscription wall, so I'm linking to ThinkProgress's excerpt until I find a better source.)

I don't know, it certainly is something to keep an eye on. He says what we know is just the tip of the iceberg.

(In the future, when there are no more icebergs, will that metaphor die out or will it continue as a "mythic" allusion? What about moving at a "glacial" pace?)

Also, I guess I should have known there would be no action on Rove today when Tony Snow announced the President will be addressing the nation Monday night.(during May sweeps. I'm sure the networks are overjoyed) If Rove had gotten a target letter this AM, I'll bet that wouldn't have happened. But the President's immigration talk has reset the headlines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home