.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

On Cheney's immunity from torture

Cheney must be getting worried about the Bush higher-ups liability if there are ever any torture investigations. McCain is winning the debate.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- In a symbolic move, the House endorsed a Senate-passed ban on cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment of foreign terrorism suspects Wednesday as negotiations between the White House and Sen. John McCain over the provision appeared at an impasse.

It was approved 308-122, (voting details from Amblog)The vote tally was 200 Democrats, 1 independent and 107 Republicans against torture; 121 Republicans and 1 Democrat for torture. You can see the actual tally of the members of Congress who support torture here.

My, 97% voting with Delay, congressman Culberson voted for torture. Click the link to check yours.

The NYTimes version adds that this was brought to the floor by Murtha.

3 Comments:

  • Wow, that Fuckwit Tancredo voted on the side of reason. I know you don't like obscenities but I can't mention his name without one. Sorry.

    By Blogger Justin, at 5:37 AM  

  • Although I'm really only familiar with Tancredo's work regarding immigration, that surprises me, too.

    And, I'm coming to the conclusion that the only obscenities I mind are those that are aimed at me or someone that I like.

    Funny, you never think of yourself as that petty, but, I guess I am.

    I guess that's the benefit to hosting the party, it's more work, but you get to decide which rowdies are helping the party and which one's to throw out.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 6:52 AM  

  • Nothing wrong with that.

    By Blogger Justin, at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home