.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Plame Gossip - Quickie

Fitzgerald is scheduled to go before the grand jury tomorrow. They're probably just reading more testimony into evidence, but, to me, that would confirm that the last minute Luskin/V. Novak defense didn't serve to free Karl.

Remember that whole long thing at the press conference where Fitzgerald was talking about the privacy of those not indicted, I find it hard to believe that he would waste the grand jury's time and enter evidence he didn't intend to use. Probably not too much will happen, but keep an eye peeled.

UPDATE: Rawstory so, grains of salt, still maintains that John Hannah is a cooperating witness, and added,
The Chicago prosecutor(Fitzgerald) briefed the second grand jury investigating the outing last week for more than three hours. During that time, he brought them up to speed on the latest developments involving Rove and at least one other White House official, the sources said. The attorneys refused to identify the second person.


I don't know what to make of "the second person." Maybe Woodward's source, maybe Cheney, maybe Ralston's alleged testimony that Rove ordered her to take the Cooper call out of the phone logs, maybe someone like a cooperating witness who is not under direct threat, maybe BS from Rawstory.

No idea, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention. Also, Kudos for metioning the oft forgotten fact that then White House Chief Counsel Alberto Gonzales received the request for information from Fitzgerald, then mentioned it to Andy Card, and then sat on it for twelve more hours to allow ample shredding time.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Mike! I've worked 18 hours today and haven't had a chance to post or even check my regular reads, but when checking my Blackberry on a quick break, I noted that the Center for American Progress alert referenced Born At the Crest of the Empire's post about American soldiers killed in Iraq being shipped home as "freight."

    Great job of getting this issue out!

    By Blogger Motherlode, at 12:12 AM  

  • That's all I was trying to do.

    But I'm not sure I'm too happy about that. I don't always follow the rules here, and I can get away with that if I'm small.

    I like traffic, but I have to walk a line.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home