.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

What Would Jesus Protest?

Long a mantra, would Jesus really support Dobson, Robertson, and Falwell? WaPo page A08:

When hundreds of religious activists try to get arrested today to protest cutting programs for the poor, prominent conservatives such as James Dobson, Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell will not be among them. .....

Conservative Christian groups such as Focus on the Family say it is a matter of priorities, and their priorities are abortion, same-sex marriage and seating judges who will back their position against those practices.


And Dobson's reponse, "Look, over there, they're attacking Christmas, and the gays, the gays are trying to kidnap your children and turn them into homosexuals..... Now, watch me as I hit this drive."

2 Comments:

  • We should come right out and say it:
    It's in the logical self-interest of the Church that the State stop feeding the poor. Then the poor must depend on the Church to survive, and the Church will tell the poor to obey their masters. That's how the Church helped inbred robber barons tyrannize Europe for 1000 years.

    But the great thing about being faith-based is that you can deny logical arguments.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

  • Hey, anonymous, I really found the series of comments you've left pretty interesting, I'm guessing by the consistent tone that they're all yours. I don't agree with them all, but you're coming in from a different angle and I find that really interesting.

    I know you came in as anonymous for a reason, but do you have a blog or something? If you want to stay anonymous I fully understand, but you've peaked my curiousity.

    And if you just want to stay out there, that's what I would do.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home