.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I think the paranoid right's head will explode next Monday

Starting next Monday, all the TV networks are going to spend a week promoting the "I participate" program, which is intended to promote volunteerism.

But it's the scope, I think, that's going to be the shocker. Take a look at the list of primetime shows participating. The "tag" looks like it's going to be on almost every primetime show, and huge numbers of them are actually writing the program into their scripts.

Amidst it all, I think the fact that this was a Obama-McCain joint call from the campaign will be a lost. I think the paranoid right will see this as Obama taking over their TV.... trying to indoctrinate them.

It sounds like this may be inescapable, so, I'm hunching the response will be crazy. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

  • I certainly hope so. I like it when the people on the right pop up to show me how much more mentally unstable they are than I.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 9:34 PM  

  • After the Nobel freakout and the reflexive "If Obama's doing it it's bad," I can just see this setting off the crazies.

    After all they went nuts when Obama undertook Bush's 9/11 day of service.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home