.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Quickhits

An interesting NYTimes piece on all the ways the Obama campaign has broken history in the mechanics of campaigning.

(CBS) Some temp workers hired by the McCain campaign in Wisconsin are complaining. (More paid canvassers!)

(Politico) Obama drew 90,000 in Manassas, Va. last night.

(YouTube) If you haven't seen it, Obama's stump statement on his grandmother's passing is touching.

(Politico) Obama's grandmother's vote will count.

(Politico) No matter how it breaks, Rahm Emanuel is likely on his way up. Obama's Chief of Staff, Illinois Senator, Speaker of the House....

(CNN) Voting machine problems already in Richmond, Va.

Rove projects an Obama win. (Must kill him to see Oh and Fla blue.)

(I don't know what today will look like on the blogging front, probably lots of pictures, but, understand, my priority is to enjoy the hell out of this day.)

8 Comments:

  • "Obama's grandmother's vote will count."

    This almost brought tears to my eyes...

    I keep thinking of Moses, who led a nation but never got to see the promised land. Obama's grandma raised a man, but never got to see the president (fingers crossed).

    By Blogger -epm, at 7:51 AM  

  • Yeah, That caught me, too.

    I'm really sorry she didn't make it to see him on that stage tonight.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:52 AM  

  • (Must kill him to see Oh and Fla blue.)

    I know you meant this figuratively, but....

    Sorry. That was a little too Republicanesque of me.

    By Blogger -epm, at 7:54 AM  

  • That's not bad at all

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:01 AM  

  • Hopefully, Colorado will deliver 9 EV for Obama! Thank you for your great coverage of all of this - my best wishes to you for enjoying THE DAY. I found myself choosing dressy clothes for work since it is such an historic day!

    By Blogger Ptelea, at 9:23 AM  

  • Yeah, it's a lot of fun, isn't it?

    (And thanks for the compliment. I wish I could promise Texas' EV.)

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:57 AM  

  • Enjoy your day and thanks for the blog comments and especially for the wonderful pictures. You have enhanced this exciting election for me and many others.
    Molly C.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 AM  

  • Glad to hear it.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home