.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Picture of the Day -3


Any day that's not on the economy is a win for McCain.

And the press bit on this stunt in a big way.
Wurzelbacher said a McCain campaign official contacted him several days before the debate to ask him to appear with the candidate at a Toledo rally scheduled for Sunday.

(Joe Wurzelbacher on Thursday afternoon. (AP Photo/Madalyn Ruggiero))

(PS. I missed the fact that this yobo went on CBSNews and said, Obama tapdanced "almost as good as Sammy Davis Jr.")

6 Comments:

  • I was surprised that NPR was reporting the Joe the Plumber as straight. Like, gosh shucks, he's the gen-u-ine article.

    I wonder whether the next news cycle starts to report the "ringer" angle and the in-authenticity of this "plumber."

    By Blogger -epm, at 6:22 PM  

  • I don't know about "ringer" yet, but all the problems and lies are coming out already.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:03 PM  

  • This would never have happened if Obama pre-screened his crowds like Bush and McCain.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 7:43 PM  

  • I get your point, but I think this was out on the door to door canvas.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:25 PM  

  • I was using "ringer" in quotes. I don't think it was a plant, but if you listen to the vid, plumber Joe sounds pretty scripted. Maybe it's just me.

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:30 PM  

  • I dunno. Apparently, the winger news outlets have been lionizing this guy for a couple of days, and no one asked any questions because they were so desperate to see what they wanted to see.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home