.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Early exit polls(?)

You know the disclaimer on leaked exit polls (partway through the day, how are absentee calculated(?), and at best a guess by the experts,) but Politicalwire claims to have them. (Link is really slow.)
Democrats are leading in Pennsylvania (+15), Ohio (+14), New Jersey (+8), Rhode Island (+7), Virginia (+7), Montana (+9), Missouri (+2).

Republicans are leading in Tennessee (+4) and Arizona (+4).

Treat this as rumor (these may be completely bogus.)

(Maryland not listed?)

Elsewhere: From Rawstory, so, again not ironclad.
Fox News Channel is reporting strong showings for Democrats in six key Senate races, with Republicans maintaining three seats. Fox failed to decline which seats were in play, saying they didn't want to affect voter turnout.

So, Fox says tied Senate? I just don't know.

I'm posting these as rumors. Use your own judgement.

(If these are wrong, I warned.)

Later: Here's another Rawstory list of exit polls. (It almost exactly matches Politicalwire. Same source?)

More from Huffpo.
SENATE EXIT POLLS AS OF 5:30 EST: Democrats Leading: Virginia (D52-R47), Rhode Island (D53-R46), Pennsylvania (D57-R42), Ohio (D57-R43), New Jersey (D52-R45), Montana (D53-R46), Missouri (D50-R48), Maryland (D53-R46)…GOP Leading: Tennessee (R51-D48), Arizona (R50-D46)


UPDATE: Obviously from the Va. race, these aren't right on.

8 Comments:

  • We'll see...

    Visit Renegade's BS

    By Blogger Renegade, at 5:28 PM  

  • Exactly.

    But, again, I'd rather have them on my side than not.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:31 PM  

  • I'm watching CNN right now. Lou Dobbs is speculating a gross miscalculation by the Republicans according to exit polling. Whatever that means. That was just before a commercial break.

    I hate to say that I'm reminded of 2004.

    By Blogger Chuck, at 5:40 PM  

  • Certainly a possibility. Thes could be wrong or completely made up.

    That's the Republican spin on the exit polls. Mehlman has been saying as much. They released talking points specifically on this last night.

    http://bornatthecrestoftheempire.blogspot.com/2006/11/in-poker-they-call-it-tell.html

    I don't know. It could be true, it might not be. I don't know.

    But I decided to go ahead and post these because they're out there.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:43 PM  

  • After the biennial electoral shenanigans we've been abused with since Bush became the Dear Leader, I've become a tad paranoid... I've been an emotional wreck for the past few hours and now find myself huddled in the fetal position in the bedroom closet behind the garment bag and rifle case, typing by the dim glow of the laptop monitor.

    I just want to get good and liquored up and not come to until sometime around Thanksgiving... The suspense is gonna kill me, as I wait for the breaking news that the Republicans have mysterious and unexplainable retained control of both houses.

    The first forty years of my life I laughed at the paranoid and the conspiracy theorists... Despite my more rational instincts, I'm not laughing any more.

    By Blogger -epm, at 6:09 PM  

  • EPM, That may well be, but worrying about it doesn't change anything.

    Relax. It may turn wrong, but there's nothing you can do at this point no matter how much you punish yourself with worry.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 6:33 PM  

  • Deep cleansing breath... Inhale.... Exhale.....

    Ahhhhh. There. All better now. I've come out of the bedroom closet and am able to check on the results as they roll in.

    Thanks Mike.

    Still, if VA goes with Allen I'm canceling my trip to colonial Williamsburg! :)

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:10 PM  

  • I'm watching that one very closely as well.

    Obviously these were projections and a little off, but they're a good starting point.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home