.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Picture of the Day - 2


It's hard to be the other woman, always in the background, eh Condi?

Just a quick look back to April 2004. (from a gossip column in New York.)

At a recent dinner party hosted by....., Rice was reportedly overheard saying, “As I was telling my husb—” and then stopping herself abruptly, before saying, “As I was telling President Bush.” Jaws dropped, but a guest says the slip by the unmarried politician, who spends weekends with the president and his wife, seemed more psychologically telling than incriminating. Nobody thinks Bush and Rice are actually an item. A National Security Council spokesman laughed and said, “No comment.”

2 Comments:

  • My god, I'm no fashion queen, but Laura's dress looks a bit dowdy doesn't it? I mean, some of my grandmother's mo-mo's were better looking than that dress .....

    By Blogger Greyhair, at 4:44 PM  

  • Yeah, I kinda thought this was a Nancy Reagan kinda look.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home