.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, March 03, 2006

Picture of the Day - 2
















I'm embarrassed to admit it, but Bush's trip to India seems to have worked on me. I haven't put up a picture from Iraq since Tuesday.

How well has it worked on everybody else?

There have been some headlines, this one by Rumsfeld being my favorite: Defense chief cautions against too many troops in Iraq

They upped the recruitment age to 39 so I've still got three more years to enlist. Whoohoo! Sign me up.

It looks like Jaafari is clinging to power only with support of Moqtada al-Sadr.

And people are still dying in Sunni Shia violence. Still dying. Still dying.

But I'm talking about Bush in India. I hate it when I've been had.

3 Comments:

  • Had the reverse impact on me. How nice of us to make sure we hang out with some democracies while we're busy buddying up with the UAE, Pakistan and lord knows who else. What a P.R. crock. Sorry the plainly orchestrated "we need to show how Bush reaches out to all sides" effort worked on anyone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 PM  

  • I xlip or two about India isnt bad.. it's important. but in a long term kind of way. Of course your right, there are more pertinate stories

    By Blogger Yukkione, at 10:06 PM  

  • On my blog, I have been posting about Bush's low poll numbers (we seem to get a new low daily), which are probably the major reason why he is gallivanting around Asia trying to look presidential.

    I recall his trip last year to Mongolia - not a major partner of ours in world affairs, but simply a surpassingly bogus rationalization for distracting photo opportunities.

    By Blogger Jim, at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home