.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cheney's Cocktail

I don't begrudge Cheney taking a good stiff drink after the whole Whittington shooting went down, but Greyhair quoted me part of this, and suddenly it struck me as kind of funny.
Armstrong, a longtime friend of the Cheney family, told CNN before the vice president's interview that she never saw Cheney or Whittington "drink at all on the day of the shooting until after the accident occurred, when the vice president fixed himself a cocktail back at the house."

'Cause, you know, after I shoot a man, I might need a good stiff drink, but I hardly think I would be in the mood for a "cocktail."

Banana Daquiri? Singapore Sling? Downing a quick Sex on the Beach? Any other guesses?

(Sorry, I'm a little punchy tonight. Thanks to Mr. Shark Attack for supplying the link.)

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for a swell belly laugh after a day long fight on Kos over the hacking of Paul Hackett. I needed that.

    As I said on my blog, this story is unraveling like something out of "Law and Order". You KNOW these guys were drinking at some level all day. Who knows how heavily. But hunting and booze go together like red wine in greyhair.

    Ever good little psychotherapist intern learns, first thing, "whatever they tell you is their alcohol intake, ... double it".

    It was still an accident. I almost feel sorry for Cheney who I think sincerely is remorseful. But it's the old "Republican preach responsiblity but don't take it" thing for me.

    By Blogger Greyhair, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home