.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, January 06, 2006

Pull up a chair - The Dukester wore a wire.

Oh baby, this is beautiful. Time is reporting that for at least a short time, Duke Cunningham wore a wire.
...sources tell TIME that in a separate investigation, ex-Rep. Cunningham wore a wire to help investigators gather evidence against others just before copping his own plea.

Sources familiar with the situation say Cunningham, a California Republican who pleaded guilty Nov. 28 to taking $2.4 million in bribes ..... wore a wire at some point during the short interval between the moment he began cooperating with the feds and the announcement of his guilty plea on Nov. 28.

This could be nothing, just having him do a walkaround to see what pops up, but I would think that because of the short window, they were going after just one thing, probably trying to get another briber confirming on tape. You know, the stuff of movies.

The secret meeting on the park bench in the dead of night, Duke asking, "they're breathing down my neck, what do you want me to do?" or "I need more money if you want me to keep quiet..."

And the guys in the van smiling from ear to ear.

I can hear the puckering from here.

2 Comments:

  • One would only be given a wire if it is most cetain he would be talking to the right people about the right things. be afraid.. be very afraid

    By Blogger Yukkione, at 5:39 PM  

  • Yep, that's what I read in this. No way to know for sure if they got anybody, but I would rate it as likely.

    Also, I took note of the "separate investigation" language.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home