.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, January 06, 2006

The IRS knows who you voted for

This is just so wrong. My god, how much of this will my country accept?
WASHINGTON – As it hunted down tax scofflaws, the Internal Revenue Service collected information on the political party affiliations of taxpayers in 20 states.......

IRS officials acknowledged that party affiliation information was routinely collected by a vendor for several months. They told the vendor last month to screen the information out.

Props to Sen. Patty Murray (D -Wa.), my aunt's favorite senator, for digging this out and bringing this forward. There's also a list of the states in this article, my home state of Texas is one of them.

2 Comments:

  • Hey...Blognonymous has been surfed by the Dept. of the Interior 4 times and once directly by the IRS in the last two days. Coincidence? I don't think so.

    Think they can tell how I vote by looking at my blog?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

  • That's pretty scary, Kvatch. Might just be people screwing around at work, or you could have something that turns up nasty on a search engine. Who knows?

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home