Risen is making some incredible claims
- The CIA, using a double-agent Russian scientist, may have handed a blueprint for a nuclear bomb to Iran, according to a new book which has ruffled the US national security establishment. (non working plans but easily fixed - under Clinton in early 2000)
- In the same chapter, Risen also claimed that a CIA officer once mistakenly sent a message to an agent, who turned out to be a turncoat, in Iran exposing the US spy network in the country. (Iran)
- On the Today show: 12 or more officials blew the whistle on NSA program. Risen describes these people as patriots who believed that the spying program was illegal. "They were motivated by the purest reasons."
- Risen reports that Bush may have suggested that pain medication be withheld from detainees. There is some evidence that this may have been the beginnings of a slippery slope which led to torture and the mistreatment of detainees.
- And then there's the claim about the CIA ignoring evidence from 30 Iraqis they sent in as spies which showed no evidence of WMD.
How long until he starts getting slimed by the Bush admin?