.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Awesome!

The WaPo has a soft piece on Chuck Schumer which predicts he may replace Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader after the midterms.

Man! I couldn't be more excited. I've been hoping for this switch since the 2008 Majority Leader election. Schumer is a Democrat who fights.

(Related: Dana Milbank notes that Repub Minority Leader McConnell is swinging wildly to the right after Rand Paul defeated McConnell's hand picked prototype in that Senate primary.)

2 Comments:

  • I agree with you about Schumer. Every time I hear him talk I get stoked up as opposed to drifting off when Harry speaks. Am I mistaken or didn't McConnell have a brush with defeat in the last general election?
    MC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM  

  • It wasn't too close to defeat, but it was closer than it should have been.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home