.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, April 19, 2010

Armed and Crazy

If you haven't seen anything on it yet, take a moment to read the WaPo piece on the progun rally to be held just outside Washington. The premise is that these guys are going to show up openly carrying loaded firearms.

As the guys seem kinda nuts and misinformed, they're the freak show for the day, so I'm sure it's going to get alot of press.

Oh, and, holding your gun rally on the anniversary of the Branch Davidian thing and Oklahoma City doesn't really add to your credibility.

(Side Note: I have no basic problem with guns or open carry. In my life I've known several "gun guys" who I would trust to safely own machine guns, RPG's, or whatever if they wanted to.

On the other hand, I'm a big believer in background checks, and, frankly, if you are so insecure you feel the need to carry a gun with you, without cause, everywhere you go, or if you are so willingly paranoid and misinformed to believe that the government is about to forcibly attempt to take everyone's guns, you probably shouldn't be allowed to carry.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home