.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Looking for the next high....

Unless you want to talk about Sarah Palin ("Speaking in fishing waders from the town of Dillingham....",) or Marc Sanford ("the South Carolina Republican Party voted Monday night to censure Mark Sanford...",) there's not too much out there this morning.

So, to feed the blog. Palin: Those "ethics complaints" that she claims were so expensive for the state that she had to resign are the result of her own ethics reform legislation, a piece of law that she claimed as an early term signature.

Her second signature move, that hugely expensive natural gas pipeline, has been looking likely to fail as the oil companies are hesitating to sign up to commit to its use.

Sanford: It took 4 efforts to pass censure. So, I guess they're not calling on him to resign.

And, The WaPo has a decent piece on Palin's collapsing legacy in Alaska, and CNN gets the latest Palin interview, "I am not a quitter. I am a fighter..."

(I do wish I had something deeper and nobler to offer you....)

5 Comments:

  • Shifting gears... What the hell is going on in western China? The Uighurs and Han fighting each other? Where did that come from?

    And I heard Michael Jackson died...

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:28 AM  

  • I don't know. That's why I didn't post. I don't know anything about the conflicts and situations in rural china.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:25 AM  

  • I thought you knew everything about everything. You let me down, Mike... You let me down.

    :)

    By Blogger -epm, at 11:08 AM  

  • Just because Mike lives in Texas doesn't mean he's perfect.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM  

  • Yeah, there's some sort of speculative line that I draw on what I know about and what I don't, and I try not to comment across it.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home