.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, February 23, 2009

Quickhits

North Korea chooses today to "launch a satellite" in an effort to grab attention on Obama's SoTU day. (I'm gonna hold my breath....)

(AFP) Iraqi Electricity Minister invites France to build a nuclear reactor in Iraq. (What?)

(BBC) The Taleban extend their Swat ceasefire.

And, (CNN) it's sad that John McCain has gone from wanting to run the free world to bitching about the time horizons of the Marine One replacements? (That's his priority?)

3 Comments:

  • I believe France has the most experience with nuclear energy in the western world. Unless I'm mistaken, France embraces nuclear power and it's a key (if not dominant) component to their energy production. So it would make sense for the Iraqis to call on France.

    I'm sure there are other political reasons for picking France, but my point is France knows nukes.... power plants, that is.

    By Blogger -epm, at 10:47 AM  

  • He's trying to draw development money out of them.

    But, it was more shocking that this guy thought Iraq in its current state would be allowed to get a nuke plant.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:55 AM  

  • Ahhh.... I should have read the article before commenting.

    By Blogger -epm, at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home