.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Quote of the Day

From an interesting Op/Ed on American absolutism on Israel.
Israeli PM Olmert: “We now have the Palestinians running an Algeria-style campaign against Israel, but what I fear is that they will try to run a South Africa-type campaign against us,” he said. If this happens, and worldwide sanctions are imposed as they were against the white-minority government, “the state of Israel is finished.”
.

4 Comments:

  • We know there's a strong and vocal wing of lapel-pin-wearing imperialists who are advocating such a strike. I remember hearing Hersh and Ritter claiming Bush would attack Iran last year. I don't think -- or at least I hope -- Bush would in fact attack Iran. We might see a border skirmish/strike... some nonsense about arms or munitions, but I don't think there will be an all out attack on Iran.

    Mostly just hopeful thinking on my part.

    By Blogger -epm, at 8:50 AM  

  • Well, would the US strike a nuclear facility without first taking out air defenses and command and control?

    Even if they could through stealth, I doubt they would ignore striking the Iranian air defenses while the opportunity was there.

    I doubt we'd see a strike limited to just the nuclear sites.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:41 AM  

  • I'm just pulling this out of you-know-where, but I don't think Bush will do the nuke plant strikes. I'm suggesting there might be some "surgical" strikes against "EFP factories" or "known arms suppliers" all in the name of killing those who are killing our troops. All in the context of Iraq... not the nuclear issue.

    By Blogger -epm, at 11:38 AM  

  • That has been on the table, and if that is what goes down, that could be much more discrete.

    However, that would be much harder to offer proof to justify than the well documented nuke sites.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home