.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ferraro unhinged

I'm too tired to really analyze but here are the links for Ferraro's comments that are getting so much play.
"Any time anybody does anything that in any way pulls this campaign down and says let's address reality and the problems we're facing in this world, you're accused of being racist, so you have to shut up," Ferraro said. "Racism works in two different directions. I really think they're attacking me because I'm white. How's that?"


Then she goes on FoxNews and continues.

I think that "shut up" advice might not be too bad an idea.

(Since the Clinton campaign is creating only minimal distance, not firing her or very visibly repudiating all this, do we gather that they, at the very least, want this out there?)

3 Comments:

  • Of course they want it out there - they in all likelyhood encouraged and coordinated it. GF is a big supporter and money raiser for HRC. Do you think GF decides to go on FOX and say this without talking to the HRC camp? yea right!!!

    Simple and obvious tactics to stir-up the appalachia and middle PA under-educated white voters (esp men). "undeserving black man gets something a white person is better qualified for" - that meme plays big for the silent racists and reagan dems who may be considering OB. When will msm call her out on it? I'm sure HRC is also hoping for black publicty leaders to speak out (Jackson, Sharpton, et al) adding to the dog-whistle for base she is aiming for...

    What a truly pathetic tactic...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 PM  

  • I dunno. I'm tired tonight.

    Don't have the usual politics fever.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:14 PM  

  • Could this Ferraro thing be event where the Hillary campaign jumps the shark? I find her comments -- and her digging in, and her going on Fox News -- to be wholly repugnant and in full keeping with the crap you'd expect from the best of Fox News crazies. We'll see how the media report it. An editorial in the NYT?

    Looks like Gerry is still pushing the "I'm a victim, blacks get all the breaks," schtick. And it looks like the Obama campaign is hitting back hard. I think they feel this is waaaay out of bounds. Not just for the campaign but for the American Democratic experience... I think it's personal, they're pissed and they mean it.

    This has nothing to do with my support for Obama. This is just patently unacceptable. A real throwback to ugly, white northern, bigotry I remember from my youth. Most of this is gone now, in my generation and younger. But there are a lot of 65-plusers in the my neck of the woods who still bear this ingrained racism... though they don't see it themselves. This is particularly true with people who themselves are part of (identify with) an ethnic "minority" group. Around here that means first or second generation Italian, Irish, French-Canadian. I believe Ferraro comes from just such an ethnic minority group (second gen. Italian?)

    The Anglos blamed their problems on the wops, mics and frogs/canucks.... and these groups just passed it on the the blacks.

    By Blogger -epm, at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home