.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Oh, Mitt

Mitt Romney got his Vietnam deferment claiming that his missionary work qualified him as a "minister of religion." I really don't have a problem with people who dodged the Vietnam war until they lie about it, or say something like this.
"I really don’t recall thinking about political positions when I was knocking at the door in France" as a missionary, Romney said. "I was supportive of my country. I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there and in some ways it was frustrating not to feel like I was there as part of the troops that were fighting in Vietnam."


Oh, Mitt....

(And, if you're looking for crazy assed quotes this morning, check out Podheretz on the National Review cruise.)

2 Comments:

  • I had read the article earleir, and found it to be scary/funny. Especially the way these people fear the "Muslims". If you were to substitute "Jew" for "Muslim", they'd sound exactly like the Nazis.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 4:48 PM  

  • I've thought that many times. The selectivity of sensitivity is really mindblowing.

    Imagine if people were spreading the kind of stuff they're saying about Mormonism about a Jewish candidate.

    Or, imagine if the anti-immigration, corrupting America's white culture language was used against other groups.

    I keep thinking about the slams Keith Ellison took as the first Muslim member of Congress.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home