.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Obama and Colin Powell do a little dance?

An interesting article on Obama seeking advice from Colin Powell. It's not so much that Powell is advising Obama, but the odd little quotes.
While Powell served in the administrations of two Republican presidents, he said Sunday it was too early in the 2008 race to say whether he would back a GOP nominee.

"I'm going to support the best person that I can find who will lead this country for the eight years beginning in January of 2009," Powell said....

Powell said he does not want to serve in elected office but was less certain about a return to some government post.

"I would not rule it out. I am not at all interested in political life if you mean elected political life. That is unchanged. But I always keep my eyes open and my ears open to requests for service," he said.


It may just be the diplomatic language Powell's known for, but I find it interesting that he's not committing to the GOP and more or less asking for a government post in the next (Democratic?) presidency.

2 Comments:

  • Could he be seeking redemption in a non Kool-Aid drinking administration?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 AM  

  • That's what I was wondering.

    Certainly a possibility, and frankly, his internationalist bent fits more with the Dems than the Repubs.

    Look at the responses at the Republican debate to "would you leave the nuclear option on the table against Iran" or to the torture question.

    Also wondering if he's maybe feeling out a VP spot.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home