.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Picture of the Day - 3
















What an odd photo. Obviously, it's not "casual" inside an elevator (with no McCain security.) So the McCain folks dragged the pool photographer for pictures of McCain meeting Kissinger the day before he "announces" for president. Weird, huh?

(McCain 2008 Campaign CEO Rick Davis, left, rides in an elevator up to the office of Dr. Henry Kissinger with U.S. Sen. John McCain in New York Tuesday morning April 24, 2007. (AP Photo/Stephan Savoia))

3 Comments:

  • Being a city-dweller, I can't help notice from the top photo that they seem to be doing the old watch-the-floor-change-to-look-busy-and-avoid-eye-contact routine.

    Either that or that's a TV up in the corner.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 PM  

  • It's an odd photo because I think it's impossible to think that they don't see that AP photographer with the camera pointed at them three feet away.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:27 PM  

  • Very true. Which could also explain the "watching the floors change" theory. It would be kind of hard to strike a pose in an elevator or try to look like they're actually doing something, so they succumbed to the awkward situation and just stared at the monitor above.

    I know that's what I do when I want to pretend I don't notice someone in an elevator with me and want to avoid social interaction.

    Man, I read into things too much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home