.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spooky little flashback on the now resigned Kyle Sampson

I knew I remembered the name Kyle Sampson from somewhere.
Speaking of Karl Rove , there had been much concern last week that he also might have to resign as a result of Fitzgerald's probe. The loss of Karl's familiar presence -- he's the last of the original "Iron Triangle" of Bush's Texas advisers still in the White House -- would have unsettled many younger aides.

Fortunately, there's a ready replacement: D. Kyle Sampson , chief of staff to Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales and formerly in the White House counsel's office. Maybe not exactly the same as Karl but . . . (Al Kamen's In the Loop, Oct 31. 2005)


This isn't my specific recall, but I think it clearly shows that Kyle Sampson is a little more than the random apolitical Justice Department flunky the administration is spinning.

I think it also implies a rather strong likely connection between Sampson and Rove.

Later: Big ups to me, I got credited on Talking Points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home