.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Political bits

(USAToday) At a Republican Senate Caucus meeting, Arlen Specter tried to encourage GOP Senators to give Gonzales some slack. "Specter's appeal to the caucus received "a lot of head shaking, a lot of eye-rolling."

(NYDailyNews) There's a growing battle within the Justice Department. "It's unreal - it's open warfare over there." (It sounds like McNulty doesn't like being the scapegoat.)

(TPM) Rep. Braley tore apart Lorita Doan over the illegal use of the GSA for political purposes. (10 min. video.)

(CNN) EPM pointed me to Pelosi telling Bush "to calm down."

(CNN) Teve Torbes endorses Giuliani.

(ABC) Republicans support cockfighting.

(USNews) In an interview, James Dobson says of Fred Thompson, "I don't think he's a Christian; at least that's my impression."

And, Watch this McCain clip where he calls the media on his bus "jerks." He's trying to mask it as humor, but he's quite obviously not having fun anymore.

It's little wonder, really. Imagine trying to maintain his positions while being trapped in a small enclosed space with reporters for hours.

I can't let this go.
"The consequences of failure are catastrophic because if we come home, bin Laden and Zarqawi, they are going to follow us.”

Um, Mr. McCain, Zarqawi's dead.

6 Comments:

  • So's Bin Laden.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 7:56 PM  

  • Haven't seen the Big and Tall coffin yet.

    I've heard the argument, I find it possible but not convincing.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:53 PM  

  • Not to mention that they (the evil-doers) already know where we live. In fact, if they "followed us home" wouldn't be have a MUCH better chance of defeating them? I mean think about it...

    By Blogger -epm, at 10:32 PM  

  • Funny.

    Run a few blocks ahead, hide in the bushes, and jump em?

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:08 AM  

  • I'm being just a little sillu, of course, but...

    All I'm sayin' is, I live in NH, I love my country, I own a firearm (or three) and I know how to use it. :)

    If the "evil-doers" ever came to the US -- while there might be a battle or two -- I think there'd be in old fashioned "evil-doer" ass-whuppin'. You live in TX. I get the impression you're people aren't exactly shrinking violets when it comes to self preservation...

    By Blogger -epm, at 7:56 AM  

  • No, I'm not concerned at all.

    The guys in Iraq will be fighting the Shia for generations.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home