.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, January 22, 2007

Releasing when convenient.

ABC has this "BREAKING" story that Sunni insurgents considered coming to the US on student visas to attack the US.

If you read beneath the headline, this evidence was discovered six months ago but will happen to lead the morning papers on a day when Bush is to deliver the SOTU that reportedly tries to relink Iraq with terrorism.

What an amazing coincidence.

(I think the real story is that they decided it wasn't in their interests to attack the US. No?)

3 Comments:

  • Given the poll numbers we've seen on the trust issue with the administration, I wonder if a majority of Americans won't just roll their eyes when they see this story - 6 months ago/conveniently released before SOTU, there they go again w/ the b.s.

    I hope that's what they say anyway.

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 5:23 PM  

  • Now, only a cynical friend of the terrorists would think that this regime would manipulate a story like this for political purposes.

    Maybe it's Hillary's fault! Yeah, that's the ticket!

    By Blogger QuakerDave, at 5:39 PM  

  • Reality based, I think the Democrats support terrorists link has been broken. I'm not sure how broken the terrorists are gonna getchya link is.

    I would add that in a recent poll I saw (NBC?) When asked about the top issue facing the country, Terrorism got 5%, below Iraq at 48, the economy and something else. So, maybe it isn't a lever anymore.

    .....

    Dave, I think we're still on Iran's fault, but I forget. In a few months when the Iraq policy fails, then we'll go back to Hillary's fault.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home