.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Haggard resigns/is fired.

We may never know the truth, but I think we can conclude that it was more than a massage.
The Rev. Ted Haggard resigned Saturday as leader of the megachurch he founded after a panel recommended the influential evangelist's removal for "sexually immoral conduct," the church said Saturday.

(And, I watched that interview in the car again, and I really feel for his wife. Imagine that day.)

4 Comments:

  • I love it. Every gay basher is secretly gay. it happens everytime. I bet Fred Phelphs is getting a "massage" as I type this

    By Blogger Graeme, at 6:07 PM  

  • I feel sorry for his kids. I'm my father's princess...I can't imagine what hole that would put me in mentally...wait...yeah...I can see it now....ummm...not so good...I might want to put a bullet in my brain. Well...now they don't have to be forced to go to church anymore...I imagine they would like to move to Siberia or Iceland...where no one knows who they are. I'm with you Graeme on this one.

    By Blogger sumo, at 6:24 PM  

  • Graeme, honestly, I have been spontaneously breaking out in peals of laughter ever since this story broke.

    Sumo, well the weird thing to me is that the kids were in the car for that interview where Haggard admitted meth and massage.

    It will certainly be rough on those kids. I don't know their ages, but maybe some of them are young enough this won't make sense.

    Honestly, I would say that this guy ends up doing mission work somewhere may be fairly likely.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:47 PM  

  • Brutal.

    I really feel for the kids and the wife because you just know they have been duped and just found out. That has to be a long way down.

    It was hard to watch. Imagine being the wife right there in the middle.

    Brutal.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home