.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Picture of the Day - 3

(Indonesia) In the last week there have been massive, often violent, anti-US/anti-Israel protests in Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Gaza, Egypt, Kuwait, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Phillipines. (Not to mention smaller, less radical protests in the "western" and non-Muslim countries, Britain, US, Germany, Japan, S. Korea, etc.)

I was going to do a massive post with pictures from them all, but it got too big.

So, after looking at images of tens and tens of thousands rallying in rage against the US, my question is, has anyone yet seen a stated or claimed motivation for today's interdicted terror attack?

Iraq? Lebanon? Does it matter?

I think it does.

7 Comments:

  • Duh, they hate us because we're free!

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 5:15 PM  

  • You made me laugh Lew. As you often do.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:17 PM  

  • I had read so much in the last year that said that the citizens of Indonesia had done a total turn-around in reagrds to their attitude toward the United States in the aftermath of the tsunami. The relief effort there - a combined effort of the military, NGOs, and huge private donations - served to build up tremendous goodwill.

    Now this.

    Just as the regime managed to do after 9-11, it's all be squandered. And for what short-term gain, in terms of the huge long-term loss?

    By Blogger QuakerDave, at 10:15 PM  

  • "...*been* squandered..."

    By Blogger QuakerDave, at 10:16 PM  

  • You don't have to correct, I can figure it out.

    And, yeah, I've read that too.

    It's amazing just how poorly this show is being run. My uncle, a retired Washington Republcan insider and foreign policy guy was in town a couple weeks ago. He voted for Bush twice and donated the max plus RNC and other monies.

    As we left the restaurant he looked at me and said, "I voted for him twice, but Bush is going to go down as the worst president in history. It's going to take decades to clean this up."

    That said everything to me . This guy knows.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:27 PM  

  • I'm an English teacher. The self-correcting is compulsive. I can't stop myself.

    By Blogger QuakerDave, at 10:12 PM  

  • I'm the same way, but no such excuse.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home