.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Where's the "good news?"

After reading through the Iraq coverage this morning and feeling even more despondent than usual about the situation, for some reason my mind wandered back to the old administration accusation that the media wasn't reporting the "good news from Iraq."

So, I went to where I thought the "good news stories" would be just to see if I could find something to pick me up just a little, the Army's news release page, the Navy's, Stars and Stripes, the White House's Iraq page. Nothing.

Even they can no longer find "good news" stories in Iraq.

Is it bad form to alternate scotch shots and Haagen Dazs at 8:09 in the morning?

7 Comments:

  • Thanks for the laugh. It just gets to me from time to time in these great hopeless waves.

    I guess that's the cost of not closing my eyes.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:11 AM  

  • I took 10 years off for just that reason. It is only now in my mid-thirties that I have the emotional armor to take it up again, and I still need breaks.

    There is only so much a person can take at one time, But you won't catch me hiding my head in the sand again.

    I'm not sure where I'm going with this.....

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 12:08 PM  

  • Good news from Iraq sounds like an oxymoron.
    But you have tro admit, Rove and his crew are falling down on te job here.
    A good spin doctor should be able to churn out at least one piece of irellevant fluff a day to divert attention.

    By Blogger Cartledge, at 1:23 PM  

  • I think it was that quote from Khalilzad yesterday that got to me.

    There is no plan B or possible change in course.

    Mr Khalilzad admitted the situation in Iraq was difficult, but said the US had "no other option than to persist."

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:51 PM  

  • Hey I do skyy and mango gatorade..but thats just me..

    It is overwhelming isn't it? But I can not walk away until every single american soldier is out of Iraq..I might be able to rest then..

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:35 PM  

  • Yeah. I just hit a lowpoint this morning. It's the fact that they're not going to change anything that gets to me. The Maliki government has been in power for months, and it looks weaker than it has since it's inception. It's not the "strong force" that will add stability. That's what they claim they're waiting on.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:43 PM  

  • If you want good news, go check out T.F. Boggs.

    Apparently, there are no terrorists, it is all a creation of the media.

    Wow! What a relief!

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home