.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ken Lay cheats even from beyond the grave

I wondered about this earlier today.
HOUSTON, July 5 — In yet another bizarre twist to the Enron saga, the sudden death of Kenneth L. Lay on Wednesday may have spared his survivors financial ruin. Mr. Lay's death effectively voids the guilty verdict against him, temporarily thwarting the federal government's efforts to seize his remaining real estate and financial assets, legal experts say.

3 Comments:

  • So the question:

    What are the facts about his death?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:59 PM  

  • I heard he had a heart-attack. I want to see the body.

    Remember back in the sixties when they showed that gun that shot an ice dart that would cause an untraceable heart-attack. Yea, what ever happened to that?

    All kidding aside, it makes sense that his ticker gave out.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 4:24 AM  

  • A heart attack is perfectly reasonable. With prosecutors effectively proving that he was the biggest conman in the history of the long list of US conmen, the man had been under tremendous stress.

    But I agree praguetwin, I want to see the body. I want a full autopsy to be sure that he didn't kill himself with heart medicine.

    Down here in Houston, we are particularly venemous towards Mr. Lay as everyone knows at least one person who got screwed in the Enron collapse, and the thought that he or his family might keep one penny of that money is unthinkable.

    I guess what I'm saying is that I don't have the rationality of distance.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home