.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Two more thoughts

First, the headline story, Bush authorizing the leak, is the top story on the AP/Reuters/AFP/NYTimes/WaPo/CNN/MSNBC, but at Fox, Cynthia McKinney and the "Mafia Cops" get top billing with Bush/Libby third. Drudge has already relegated it to the small text third column.

Second, I'm guessing we may have seen the end of the "Bush taking questions from the audience" tour. And pity the poor McClellan. If only he had insulted Josh Bolten sooner, he could be back in Texas working on the Strayhorn campaign.

I'm expecting McClellan to launch into a long quibble over "if the president does it is it a leak" to try to control the language rather than answer the question.

5 Comments:

  • Well if he was a man of integrity Bush would now immediately fire himself. Shall we take bets?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 PM  

  • Can you imagine what a grim job McClellan has? How miserable he must feel at the end of a day. C'mon, I know the guy is a stone creep, you can tell that just by watching him, but he's still a human, and he has a really crappy, lousy job, having to lie for Bush day after day. That can't be fun. I would wager Scottie has a few stiff ones every night when he goes home to get polluted enough to forget what a wretched human being he is for just a few hours.

    By Blogger NEWSGUY, at 11:10 PM  

  • I know, Kvatch, he will be beaten about the head by that quote. I'm waiting to see the spin this morning.

    And, Newsguy, I do feel for Scott McClellan. I know he is the stonewalling bullwark which stops the information flow, but like yourself, I cannot forget that he's just some poor flak who has about the worst job in the administration.

    I keep thinking about how pissed he must be that Ari Fleischer got to do it in the easy period when everybody liked Bush and the press didn't ask questions.

    Fleischer got out while the getting was good leaving McClellan to take all the crap.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:27 AM  

  • And, Newsguy, I do feel for Scott McClellan. I know he is the stonewalling bullwark which stops the information flow, but like yourself, I cannot forget that he's just some poor flak who has about the worst job in the administration.

    Agree as well. It's sucks to be Scotty. "Cap'n, I canna make the spin any m're effective. The press corps canna take it."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

  • That's pretty funny.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home