.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, April 14, 2006

A marine comes home disillusioned

I now know I wrongfully placed my faith and trust in a presidential administration hopelessly mired in incompetence, hubris and a lack of accountability. It planned a war based on false intelligence and unrealistic assumptions. It has strategically surrendered the condition of victory in Iraq to people who do not share our vision, values or interests. The Bush administration has proven successful at only one thing in Iraq — painting us into a corner with no feasible exit.

I will never trust any of them again.

Christopher H. Sheppard is a former Marine captain who served two tours of duty in Iraq as a combat engineer. He currently is finishing his master's degree in mass communication and lives in Marysville.


I just wonder how many other soldiers are having this same experience but translating it as their personal failure rather than attaching it to the Bush administration.

4 Comments:

  • Great post.

    By Blogger Ryan, at 10:52 AM  

  • Thanks. Ryan.

    I don't know if you'll see this, but I read your blog often, but don't comment because I don't want to give my email to your provider.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:08 AM  

  • I caught this one too. It's a good piece. It's a great rebuttal to the wingers liberal MSM fantasies.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 PM  

  • I agree. Unfortunately, there's just no really good way to quantify the feelings of these guys coming home except anecdotal cases like this one.

    A vroad survey or poll of these guys would say alot.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home