.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Eckels or Bettencourt to replace Delay?

This post is more for the locals at this point. Two names that have been thrown in the hat to run for "former congressman" Tom Delay's seat are Harris County Judge Robert Eckels(the top county official,) and Tax Assessor/Collector Paul Bettencourt. Now, both these guys are pretty conservative, but to my knowledge, neither of them are "movement conservatives."

From what I know about these guys, they're both grownups and neither pushes crazy fundie-christian gay marriage/prayer in school type crap, and with their relative popularity in the city and the Republican leanings of the district, I don't think they'll have to make issues out of the crazy stuff.

Bad news for Democratic challenger(?) Lampson, though.

Houstonians, am I wrong in my assessment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home