.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, February 27, 2006

Nobody knows Delay when he's down and out

Funny thing, when you're under indictment for campaign fund fraud and money laundering, the donors just don't want to catch the stigma.
WASHINGTON - Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Sugar Land, is trailing his potential Democratic opponent, former Rep. Nick Lampson, in fundraising and cash in the bank, according to new financial reports that covered the first six weeks of the year.

Serves the guy right, really, after all the strong arming he used to extort contributions, but for some reason I can't get the old song out of my head.

"Once I lived the life of a millionaire,
Spending my money I didn't care.
Taking my friends out for a good time.
Bootleg liquor Champagne and Wine....

Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out."

2 Comments:

  • I can just hear Clapton singing his version of that song now. In fact... I’m goin’ to hunt for that CD right now.

    ...but when you get back upon your feet again, everyone wants to be your long lost friend...

    By Blogger MadMustard, at 9:04 PM  

  • That's funny, I was thinking of the bizarrely ennunciated but beautifully crafted Billie Holiday version.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home