.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

No Terror Warnings in 2005?

I don't know why I got to thinking about this today, but after all the 2004 the terror alerts that served to highlight Bush's security reelect numbers, how long has it been since we've had a terror warning? (From the way I phrase this, I hope it's clear that I feel the quick trigger on these warnings was solely for political reasons.)

But, in the face of steadily falling Bush approval numbers, we haven't had one in awhile. Why is that? Is it no longer a guaranteed bump in the polls? Do they want to save the tactic for the midterms or 2008? Would a terror threat be seen to emphasize that the war on terror has largely failed thus far? Just thinking out loud.

(By the way, I haven't been writing about the port operations sale to the UAE, because, quite frankly, I think it's next to nothing. The US allows over 95% of cargo containers through ports and to their destination unchecked. What real difference does it make who waves them through?

But Bush was pissed about it today.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home