.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, February 18, 2006

I Want Cheney's Medical Plan

In a comment, Lew got me thinking. I want Cheney's medical plan.
"Fortunately, the vice-president has got a lot of medical people around him and so they were right there ...," she said. "The vice-president has got an ambulance on call, so the ambulance came."

I looked in several places but couldn't find exactly what comprises Cheney's "medical people" that travels with him. From reading other accounts, it's clear that it is more than two, but I can't say if it's three or a dozen. BUT.....

I know I want that as my health plan. Where do I sign up to have a team doctors following me around with an ambulance waiting just for me? For the President, I might understand, but for the VP, a man whose sole duty according to the Constitution is to preside over the Senate and be available if something happens to the President?

"Mike's got a hangnail!!!! Swarm!!! Swarm!!!"

2 Comments:

  • I looked in several places but couldn't find exactly what comprises Cheney's "medical people" that travels with him.

    Isn't it obvious? It's the emergency team that has kept him alive through...what...four heart attacks and/or bypasses.

    "Oh! My ticker."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM  

  • Really. The Republicans try to scuttle talk of a national health care plan don't have a problem with a VP who needs a medical team constantly onhand, at tax payer expense.
    The good news is, his heart can only take so many before he gets the big one.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home