.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, December 02, 2005

More Bush Dynastic Politics

This is from Insight Mag, so consider the Moonie source.

The sources said Mr. Bush has privately blamed Mr. Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld for the U.S.-led war in Iraq. They said the president has told his senior aides that the vice president and defense secretary provided misleading assessments on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, as well as the capabilities of the regime of Saddam Hussein.

Do you believe this?


Also, be sure to read this from the LeftCoaster which theorizes these leaks may, in fact, be a coordinated effort to shape perception. In other words, the leaks are designed to pin the blame for everything on Rumsfeld and Cheney and leave Bush clean. Don't know if I believe this, but when reading stuff like this, it does deserve to be factored in.

2 Comments:

  • I think that it will play the other way. The Republicans will blame BUSH at the last moment, saying everyone knew HE was a fool, as they rush us into the open arms of McCain/Powell.

    By Blogger brainhell, at 4:09 PM  

  • I don't know, I don't have an answer. There's just all this crap flying around at the top levels of the White House, and back and forth from the Bush family. I don't really know what to make of it at this point. I thought I had it nailed down as the realists trying to edge out Cheney and Rumsfeld, but I'm not so sure anymore.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home