.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ann Coulter Talking Doll - Picture of the day

Yes, it's real. I was flipping around the channels today looking for reaction to the president's speech, and I found myself on Fox News. (Yeah, I know, I should know better) While I was there I caught the back half of a commercial for this thing. And in appropriate Fox News fashion, it ended with Santa making a suggestive remark about Ann Coulter. So I had to check it out and yep, it's real. (Click through the link to hear what the doll says.)

The company is something called Talking Presidents and they have other models including a Rumsfeld and a Clinton that says unflattering things. You can also get a non-talking Turkey Dinner George Bush with a plastic turkey just like in real life.

And we're losing to these guys?

8 Comments:

  • Ugh it's horrid!
    I noticed that she's advertised as "America's Real Action Heros". What has she ever done except run off at the mouth pandering to guys who think women shouldn't run off at the mouth. Also, does calling her one of "America's Real Action Heros" "Support the troops"?

    Oops down the rabbit hole!

    By Blogger Justin, at 2:38 AM  

  • a mate of mine said that its hard to write satire these days because all the best jokes are reality.

    that applies here i think

    By Blogger michael the tubthumper, at 3:32 AM  

  • a mate of mine said that its hard to write satire these days because all the best jokes are reality.

    that applies here i think

    By Blogger michael the tubthumper, at 3:33 AM  

  • I found you this blog as I sometimes do, by clicking "next blog" :)

    Yes...sometimes reality is stranger and more funny than fiction!

    This doll is not a very good likeness...there are no horns or tail :)

    Take care...good stuff!

    Bradley
    The Egel Nest

    By Blogger The Egel Nest, at 6:56 AM  

  • Considering the doll was advertised on Fox news channel, I don't think that it is satire.

    Is this what you meant, Michael, or have I got my wires crossed again?

    and s for the spelling of the plural of hero...

    By Blogger Justin, at 7:36 AM  

  • what i meant is that that doll is the sort of thing that you would expect a satirist to come up with but not they can't becuase it's real

    By Blogger michael the tubthumper, at 12:10 PM  

  • No, frighteningly this is totally real. This is the company that sold the flight suited bush doll a couple of years ago. This doll says fourteen different things and five of them are listed on the website I linked.

    It's truly scary.

    And I gotta say, I wish I had a clip of the ad, because Santa making lewd remarks really just caprtued the whole thing perfectly.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 12:46 PM  

  • I didn't know about Mr. Coulter, but it makes sense. The head of the pro-apartheid conservative club at my college ended up becoming a man.

    By Blogger JUSIPER, at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home