.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, November 18, 2005

Plame - Here we go again

It's not over.

The federal prosecutor investigating the leak of a CIA operative's identity says he plans to present information to a new grand jury, a sign that he is considering additional charges in his two-year-old probe.

Special Counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald said in court filings that his investigation "will involve proceedings before a different grand jury than the grand jury which returned the indictment" against Vice President Cheney's former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.


I'm getting that feeling again.

Also, could his sudden relaxation against the Dow Jones suit to make all the info public mean that he now expects to wrap up soon, before the Libby trial even gets going?

2 Comments:

  • warning possible BS story, but it makes some sense to me...Antiwar.com has spoken of the scandels connection to the cia cover company plame worked for:

    http://tinyurl.com/c3wwa

    By Blogger JOS, at 2:52 PM  

  • Yeah, I saw the initial report way back when, about the WMD, but not the connection to Brewster. With no real backing, I just can't give it any credibility.

    However, that was a question a friend and I were joking about in late 2003.

    I mean, how could they not run a special op to plant WMD in Iraq? It would've been so easy. But they would've had to get something with non US chemical signatures, and I guess that would've made the plan too wide.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home