.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, November 18, 2005

Plame Gossip - Woodward's source

Think progress has a weird episode at a press conference that puts Hadley back on the table as Woodward's source. Laura Rozen is tentatively pushing the idea that it might be Armitage. Jeralyn is circling around Hannah, Wurmser, and Fleitz. The Left Coaster mentions the names Ari Fleischer and Rumsfeld, and Cambone and Wolfowitz.

My gut tells me that is not Cheney. Working under my supposition that Fitzgerald has made Cheney his ultimate target, I don't see a scenario where Cheney comes forward with this.

With the bizarre Hadley press conference, I have to move Hadley back to the shortest odds position where I had him previously, but I am beginning to wonder about a possible candidate outside the White House.

Woodward was working on a book about the Iraq war, and with his predilection to only talk to the very top officials, this could lead to indications of somebody at or associated with DoD. Another name I have never seen mentioned in all this, who was travelling in the neocon circles, and was very involved in pushing the case for war, is Richard Perle. But that may just be wishful thinking.

So, no answers at this point, but the most logical choices to me are the Hadley, Hannah, Wurmser trio. More as it comes.

Also related: This week's John Dean column implores Pat Fitzgerald to broaden his investigation into Plame citing Watergate and Teapot Dome as precedent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home