.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, February 13, 2010

They even scream about the weather

The WaPo has a pretty pointless piece on this Accuweather guy that screams. Okay, I admit it, I clicked the link to listen...

...but what struck me was how much his delivery sounded like one of those screaming CNBC announcers, or many of the right wing radio hosts... How do you deliver the weather and sound like Jim Cramer or Rush Limbaugh....?

...and then it occurred to me. It's the style that sells. The medium is the message. There are people who crave this sort of disbelieving, "I can't believe this is happening to us," screaming energy.

I've had a weird kind of meta moment on part of America, and it's making me strangely sad.

2 Comments:

  • Did it all start with fire-and-brimstone, fundamentalist revivalists?

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:14 AM  

  • I don't know. It just seems to hit a certain formula that is so successful it bleeds over into other venues.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home