.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Fighting back.

Gotta hand it to the folks running the NJ and Va. gubernatorial campaigns. The "revelations" (most certainly provided by the oppo research folks) are tying the Republican candidates in contorted knots.

In NJ, there's the story of Chris Christie driving the wrong way on a one way street and sending a motorcyclist to the hospital. That buried skeleton just keeps revealing itself.

In Va, you've got Bob McDonnel being chased by past statements on women and now gays.

As I said before, I don't really care who is the governor in other states. I just find myself wondering if all this effective oppo research is perhaps an element of the new leadership at the DNC.

4 Comments:

  • I was looking for a place to put this thought.... Here's as good a post as any.

    I read this on a DKos diary (not main page). I paraphrase: Obama's like the new girl in a high school who becomes popular and is dating the varsity quarterback. The GOP is the scorned cheerleader who starts spreading vicious lies that the new girl is a slut... and probably has herpes.

    By Blogger -epm, at 12:40 PM  

  • I don't see Obama as that "starstruck."

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:57 PM  

  • No. Not that he's starstruck. But he's popular. Or was. Well, still is... just much, much less so.

    I just found the observation that the GOP were acting like spoiled, spiteful, Heathers -- spreading lies about the "popular new kid" -- was amusing.

    By Blogger -epm, at 2:11 PM  

  • Notice I didn't argue the second point. In fact I used the term Heathers with a friend of mine over the weekend.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home